This is one of my favorite summer treats when berries are all ripe for the pickin’ (even if the only pickin’ I do, is at the farmer’s market.) It’s cool and refreshing for those hot summer days, and best of all, it’s super easy and can be made hours ahead!
- 2 c. strawberries, chopped
- 1 c. blueberries, halved
- 1 c. blackberries, chopped
- 1 c. raspberries, chopped
- 2 kiwis, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp fruit preserves, any flavor
1. Chop all berries and put into mixing bowl…
2. chop apples and add to bowl. mix to coat. (this will keep them from browning)
3. add fruit preserves. I used boysenberry in this example, but you can use any flavor. Orange marmalade works good, too.
4. Place into fridge to firm, at least 15 min, up to several hours.
This time, I was lazy and didn’t make my own chips. I used Stacy’s pita chips in cinnamon. But, it’s super easy to make your own cinnamon chips and they’re much better tasting. Click the printable recipe link for instructions! Here’s some pics from the last time I made my own chips.
By the way, the salsa is also delicious served with ice cream, or on top of warm angel food cake! Or on top of warm angel food cake, with some vanilla ice cream on the side! You’ll love this sweet summer treat!